Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Want to add some style and depth to your space? Mirrors can help brighten, expand, enhance, reflect, illuminate ... ya-de-ya-de-ya blah-blah-blah! We all know that a mirror can make your space AWESOMO!

Well I wanted a GIGANTIC awesomo mirror in our foyer. I could admire how good (or terrible) I looked before leaving the house or see if I looked half presentable before answering the door! Plus I totally had the perfect spot for it! Check out these inspiration pics!
 thecubaninmycoffee.blogspot.ca
 
Holy hotness right?? But how on earth was I going to lug a giant mirror in my little car? (although I have done it before) Where was I going to find a mirror that big? And would I be willing to shell out the big bucks for a mirror like that? Probably not!! BooHoo (insert sad face)!

Well anyways, one day while browsing Pinterest, I found this:

 theidearoom.net
 
It was a DIY project about turning a builder basic mirror into a fabulous framed one by simply adding trim! Oh-la-la sounds simple enough and looks super good! I totally wanted that in our ensuite! Check out this inspiration pic!
 
theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Yup, we had to have a giant framed mirror in the bathroom!  The builder said it wouldn't be a problem; pretty much just the additional cost of trim! Sweetness!

And then it occured to me (ding-ding-ding)... Why couldn't I get the builder to build me a giant mirror in the foyer as well? It could be mounted to the wall because I know I would never move something so beasty and I don't have to worry about it falling over and landing on the dog! OMG I am seriously brilliant! Builder basic mirror and trim equals way cheaper and way more convenient than searching for and buying the perfect mirror! Here's how it turned out!

Looks a little bare and sad right now, but stay tuned! This foyer will be getting a holiday make-over next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment