Thursday, March 7, 2013

Yulli's Play Nook

Today I wanted to share with you guys one of my favourite rooms in our house!

During our house building process, I wanted to make sure we utilized all the space in our home well. One of the areas that I often find wasted in a home is the space under the stairs, especially in the basement. It is usually left unfinished and a place were the contractors stash the left over building supplies. Is this what the space under your stairs looks like?

Pinterest and Houzz were exploding with amazing images and so many ideas. I was super inspired!! I could make a sweet little space for Kalbs!
 
Or maybe a cozy little reading nook! 

Or lots and lots of smart, organized storage!
 
 Perhaps a mini little wine cellar.
 
Or even a work space!
 

Seriously so so many fantastic ideas, but deep in my heart I already knew what I wanted to do with the space! It was going to be a designated play area for me ahem I mean Yules. I was inspired by this picture!

It looked like such a sweet little space tucked nicely away. I knew Yules would have so much fun under there! What child wouldn't?  I'm sure I sounded like a crazy person planning and designing a space for my unborn child... but I'm a planner (kinda) and I wanted us to be able to grow into this home. Plus we know lots of kiddos that would have a great time playing under there when they came over for a visit! 

Yules is too little for princess tea parties under there with her Papa but she sure loves it when I take her there. I think she knows that it is a special little place different from the rest of the house. The space is intended for dramatic play and is currently set up as a "house". I can't wait to see where Yules' imagination takes it in the future. Maybe it will turn into a school, or restaurant, or hospital or a Starbucks!! For now it is a little house from my imagination! Husband says I am re-living my childhood... and he's probably right!! Anyways, here it is! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment