Tuesday, June 18, 2013

EGG Syndrome

Egg syndrome! Ever heard of it?? Chances are YES, but you probably call it something else! You might call it being bad, grumpy-pants, bi-polar, freaking-out, temper-tantrum, drama-queen, crazy, meltdown, EMO, or simply just kids being kids!! In my family, we've coined the term Egg to pretty much mean all of those things!! We have a few egg specimens in my family and Yules is already exhibiting early signs of Egg syndrome (must be in her genes)... like when she planks her body and screams and shouts for no apparent reason!! Some would call that cranky... we call it Egg! We have one special extreme case in particular that we call Mr. Egg! My sweet Mr. Egg can be set off by something as simple as you saying that his new hair-cut looks cute! He might decide that day that he doesn't like being called cute! Therefore he will sit in the corner, pout and glare at you and of course act like it is the end of the world!! Haha that is very classic egg! !!

Well the reason I bring up Egg Syndrome, is because my lovely little Bells put Mr. Egg to shame the other day with her little GIANT egg episode!!
She had a very loose tooth that she proudly showed off to everyone when we went over to my parent's house this weekend! Big Mistake!! You NEVER ever show off loose teeth to old Asian people!! They don't believe in letting it fall out on its own! A loose tooth is like the perfect opportunity for them to traumatize you for life!! I seriously remember my Dad whipping out his giant rusty wrench or pliers to crank out my teeth!! Anyways, after my sister tried to pull out inspect the tooth... Bells was already in tears!! Then my brother attempted to inspect the tooth and then my dad decided to intervene too! Yikes!!! By this time the poor girl was wailing and freaking out! I honestly don't blame the girl at all for being upset!! The anticipation of your tooth being yanked out by someone else is damn scary!! So mid-freak out and inspection from my Dad, the tooth falls onto the floor and they both don't even notice! I pointed out the tooth on the ground and it took a few seconds for her to realize what had happened! Yippee... her tooth fell out, so it's all over now! WRONG... it was FAR from over!! Bells went to the corner and continued to cry! The more that people tried to comfort her, the more agitated she became!! That was a strong indicator that it was time for us to hightail it outta there!! So Husband packed up Kalbs and Yules and I grabbed Bells and we headed home!! She continued to sob in the car! Then the sobbing turned into grunting, groaning and I swear steam coming out of her head! That was followed by pretending to gag on the cotton ball in her mouth! After the gagging and throwing up of the cotton ball, she put on her best frown face and stared at the car door the remainder of the car ride!! When we got home, she stomped all the way to her room and plopped herself right in the middle of her bed and stared at the wall! She continued to grunt and stew loudly! When that got old, she relocated to the floor to continue her tantrum!! After giving her a little time to calm down, I finally went to talk to her! I told her that it was okay to feel upset! She very quickly snapped back that she was not upset, but rather ANGRY!! Very Angry!! She was so angry as a matter of fact that she hated it here and she wanted to go back home to her regular life!! Oh my, can we say DRAMA or rather EGG? In the end I was able to calm her down with a slice of cake!! Oh man, thankgoodness for cake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment