Wednesday, November 27, 2013

DIY Sensory Bag

Sensory bags are super-duper easy and soooooo much fun! There are no real "rules" and the possibilities are endless! You can add anything or nothing or everything to them! And did I mention that the mess is "contained"!!! Woohoo for that!

Here's what I used to make Yulli's sensory bag!

All you have to do is add the hand sanitizer to the bag. Typically these bags are made with hair gel, but it just so happened that the giant bottle of sanitizer was cheaper than the hair gel so I went with that. At least I know her sensory bag will be germ-free haha!! I added a few drops of food coloring to make my bag blue! You can leave it plain or make it any color you want. Other variations I've seen are body wash/shampoo, lotion, water, oil, rice, sand... like I said the possibilities are endless!
Then I added some squishy jelly bugs. You can seriously put anything in the bag... just try to avoid sharp things! If you're fancy you can make different "themed" bags. If you have older children, let them decide what to put in there. Lay out a bunch of items and give them a "free for all" and make up their own bags! How fun would that be for them?
Squish out as much of the air as you can and then seal 'er up! I duct taped the top and all the sides for extra reinforcement! I also used a little bit of nail polish remover to get rid of the white Ziploc symbol from the bag!


These bags can just be a fun touch sensory item for the little ones to squish to their hearts content or you can use them in an I-spy type of way or if left plain can be used to draw or write using their fingers! I think foam or jelly letters would be a great way to teach alphabet recognition by playing I-spy. So much fun... what's going inside your sensory bag??

1 comment:

  1. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!.
    women's designer handbags

    ReplyDelete