Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring branches!

There's this fabulous little home decor store downtown called Chintz and Company. It's literally stuffed with treasures from top to bottom. It is definitely a  NO kid zone... Heck it's a  NO giant mom bag zone as well... I'm deathly afraid of swinging my bag the wrong way and knocking something over. A friend mentioned that she was having no luck looking for some faux floral and I suggested checking out Chintzies, so we made a date of it. They have a whole section in the store devoted to faux floral and you could totally spend hours exploring in there... Which we did! I found some lovely faux aspen branches that I fell in love with. They are so simple and chic and I was so impressed with how realistic they looked, so I had to have them. They were regularly $25each.... Oooooomygawshhh faux floral doesn't come cheap... But they were on sale for $6.... Score! They look like I just clipped off a couple branches from our aspen trees outside! I love love love them!



Yules likes the new branches too... But that may be because I keep talking about them haha. So we looked at the branches and talked about the straight brown stems that looked like the Y in her name and the green leaves. Then we drew them with brown crayons and stamped on the green leaves. Haha not too shabby for an impromptu still life art lesson. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment