Monday, December 28, 2015

DIY Christmas tree basket

So as you all know, I got a ginormous Christmas tree last year which I am still in love with even though it is a bit of a pain to put up. I struggled to find a tree skirt to fit the very wide base/stand and ended up just wrapping a blanket throw around the base. What I really wanted was a metal tree collar or even a basket tree collar... but of course those did not exist in the size that I needed. So this year I vowed to DIY one up.

We had some chicken wire fencing laying around the garage (we used as temporary fencing for Kalbs before we got a real fence put up). I cut it to size... over 13 feet long... that's how beasty this tree base is! I used ribbon and weaved through the fencing for a woven basket look. I'm really pleased with the outcome as it gives the tree a completeness and it is definitely a step up from the blanket last year! Lol! The question know is how on earth am I going to store this thing? Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment